Dear Grace Family,
What an incredible blessing it is to be a follower of Christ. This truth becomes highlighted at certain times and with particular events. Such is the case with the worldwide panic of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Believers have been given a platform to express their trust in God despite the challenges before us. We should exercise wisdom and reasonable precautions and demonstrate concern and compassion for those who are overwhelmed in fear and panic over the uncertainties of the future. These challenging and confusing times serve as a reminder to pray for our government leaders.
Your pastors and church officers discussed the numerous options regarding church services. As you can imagine, we wrestled with making a decision realizing, wherever we landed, there would be various perspectives. We took our membership and our community at large into consideration. Here are the current decisions that we have made.
- Unfortunately, due to the new guidelines, we will not be holding Sunday Services for Palm Sunday (April 5th) or Easter (April 12th).
- The Pastors will be present during the 10:30am service if any member needs prayer or encouragement.
- There will be NO AWANA for the month of April. More updates will come.
- We have postponed the Missions Conference & Banquet until a future date.
As you await further details from your pastors, here is what you can do.
- Visit the church website for the message and study guide.
- Check out Facebook Live and the Grace Baptist Church YouTube channel for a live streaming of our Sunday services.
- Have Family Worship.
- Be gospel-focused; use this time to serve your neighbors and co-workers with words of spiritual encouragement.
- Pray that many unsaved people would come to Christ as a result of this current situation.
Pastor Jerry will have a sermon addressing our current issue, which will be available at gbcmason.org/media/sermon-video this Sunday.
We sincerely thank you for your gracious understanding. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Your Grace Pastors,